Research In Motion (RIM) has now announced the beta version of BlackBerry ® Messenger (BBM ™) v6.1 instant messaging application and it is now available for download from BlackBerry ® Beta Zone – You will now have even more ways to personalize their messages – and add a bit of fun – including animated avatars, funny emoticons , custom chat bubbles color, character count increased for personal messages and the integration of image to display.
We are happy to share that many of the customization features have been added due to popular demand from our community BBM and beta testers.
Let’s take a look at these features in more detail new BBM.
New features include:
- Animated Avatars – We’ve added a new dimension to the options for your display picture BBM – animated avatars! These avatars controlled use animation, which means that the movement is activated when the avatar moves. Three animated avatars are available as part of this beta as an advance (including a “smile”, “laughter” and “love”). We are thinking of adding a larger selection of animated avatars after beta testing is over. You can access these avatars by changing your display picture in the folder of Avatars. (Note:. Animated avatars are only supported on BlackBerry ® OS 5.0 and higher)
- 12 new emoticons – A picture is worth a thousand words, or so the saying goes. With the addition of 12 fun emoticons in the list of BBM, there are now more ways for you to express yourself and personalize messages to friends. These emoticons were created based on suggestions from customers involved in beta testing – looking for more to come in future versions. And please, make sure to leave us a comment and let us know what other emoticons that you would like ver.Estamos listening!
- Message increased to 160 characters – Dual Message size to 160 characters. Previously only available space for 80 characters.
- Chat bubble colors – BBM users can now customize the color of the bubbles chat contacts. With 10 colors to choose from, you can pre-assign colors to your contacts with just entering the profile of your BBM contacts “and select a contact in chat color. This feature is ideal for organizing BBM contacts you have and makes it easier to recognize the types of conversations (I’m assigning colors to work, friends and family. My head is blue, my family is yellow, and colleagues and friends get their own color code, too.)
- Camera / Screen image integration – Now you will be able to take a picture and show it immediately! Now there are fewer steps between taking the big picture with your BlackBerry smartphone and what is your display picture BBM. Now you can update your avatar right BBM application of the BlackBerry smartphone camera by selecting “Set as BBM display picture” of the menu options.
Check out all these new features fun for the beta version of BBM BlackBerry v6.1 Beta Zone downloading today. Do not forget to leave a comment and tell us what you think!